Where to find us:
211 The Broadway
0203 376 6808
12 noon to 12 midnight
• The Ancient Egyptians offered their guests silver chalices divided into two; snow on one side and fruit juice on the other.
• Around 500BC, Greeks in Athens loved making refreshing drinks with lemon, honey, pomegranate juice, and of course snow or ice.
• The original concept of Gelato was actually mixed in snow or ice and fresh fruit juices!
• Gelato is also mentioned in the Old Testament! Referring to a drink made of goat’s milk mixed with snow, Abraham (A.S) tells Isaac “eat and drink: the sun is burning and this will refresh you.”
• At the time of the Romans, Snow was stuffed in deep cellars in winter and mixed with honey for sweetening during the summer. Spices, leaves and fruit would be added, creating an early version of gelato!
• A Sicilian fisherman,Francesco Procopio dei Coltelli made gelato famous all over Europe after perfecting the first ice cream machine!
• Coltelli’s Parlour became the hottest place in France with the likes of Balzac, Baudelaire Chopin, Rousseau, George Sand, and even Oscar Wilde regularly stopped there.
• Voltaire had a table constantly reserved for himself, and rumour has it that The Iron Mask Theory was initiated with a cold scoop of coltellis‘ gelato!
• In 1686, Procopio moved from Palermo to Paris and opened a café that soon became the hub for every novelty! From exotic coffee, to chocolate, to a refined gelato served in small glasses that resembled egg cups.
• Gelato is 100% eggless!
• Bernado Buontalenti is known to have invented modern gelato, and he presented his recipe and innovative refrigerating techniques to the Medici family of Florence, Italy!
• 3000 years ago, Emperors of China had frozen delights made from snow and ice flavoured with fruit, wine and honey. Frozen desserts were also made of fermented buffalo and goat’s milk mixed with rice!
• Gelato was bought to Sicily, by the Arab colonisation and then from the to the world!
• The Arabic word for sorbet is Sharbat
• Theres a 4-8% butterfat content in gelato, while our American friends prefer an 18% butterfat content! That should get rid of the guilt!
Welcome to Cravings Desert Parlour - Southall's Premiere Desserts Factory! Specializing in Homemade Eggless Gelato, with a personal touch!
After noticing many glitzy dessert stores opening up across the UK, they all missed one important component...Simplicity!
Mr. Moo and the Cravings Cru decided to put the focus on the thing that mattered, the gelato! rather than purchasing from the same suppliers as everyone else, we decided to make our own! A year into trade, Southall’s very first dessert parlour has become everyones favourite wonderland!
Cravings Desserts Parlour began trading in 2011 on the Southall Broadway, one of the most vibrant areas the United Kingdom has to offer. Our aim is to offer fresh Italian Gelato, sourced from some of the best recipes from around the world. Alongside some our own inventions =). The company was set up by Khawar Chaudhry, who’s passion for the product led him to the shores of China for inspiration. Khawar, with the assistance of Najeeb, Muhammad and Adeel turned their passion into a sound business investment.
As we strive to grow and spread the love, our obsession for desserts ensures we leave no stone unturned, bearing in mind the principle thought; What’s your Craving? after all, we’re just trying to see you smile =)
we aim to make every product stocked 100% eggless, alcohol free and vegetarian. We care about your ethical thoughts, and pledge to incorporate them into our daily disciplines. We have the desire to supplement everyone’s craving every single day!
All our gelato is created fresh in store daily, using our own recipes with Whole Milk and double cream. We start every flavour from nothing, adding each ingredient meticulously.
So whether its a scoop of Hazelnut Pimento or a Macchiato. We’ll make you mmmmm in a blissfully innocent environment.
Delicious and refreshing desserts
- Great variety of smoothies
- Ice cream (egg free)
- Hot Belgian waffles
- Great collection of fruity sweetie desserts
Do you want to be a business owner?
Cravings Dessert Parlour is a proven successful and profitable business that is offered as a franchise. This fun and easy to run dessert outlet needs little setup capital while providing a quick return on investment.
Talk to Adeel Chaudhry today about your chance to be a business owner.
Cravings Dessert Parlour
Phone: 0203 376 6808